Tuesday 15 September 2015

Market Day!!

WALT: Write an interesting recount

Last week on Friday we had our team 4 market day for our topic trade and enterprise. Team 4 bought products, sold products, advertised products and did much more. We got the option to talk to our partner to buy first or sell second. Read on to find out more.


On our market day we had six groups buying and selling products. Our big groups are Musical Instruments, Homeware, Custom Stationery, Kitchen, Jewelry and Toys. Smaller groups were made so they can decide what products they want to make to sell. My group had a discussion and decided that we wanted to make maths book covers.


The whole of team four were split up into the year six block, the year five block and the porch. The groups that were in the year five block were Jewelry and Toys. In the year six block was Custom stationery, some of Jewellery and Musical Instruments. On the porch was Kitchen. Our group decided to hang our poster above us so our customers can see our amazing product. It was really crazy, because kids were wandering around  and buying products that they didn’t even need.


Kids got the option to talk to their partner if they wanted to buy or sell first. I got the opportunity to buy first, so what I bought was a candle for my mum, food, loom bands and much more. My partener and I had a turn to bowl down six cans with a ball, it was super fun buying. The products that I bought were very useful to use, and I was very impressed of what I could do with it. When we had to swap I didn’t want to go back I was stuck having way too much fun with my products.


Selling products was easy for a while. We sold up to 9 book covers and made 22pt and 50pcs, we also made 5 generic book covers which made 12pt and 50pcs. Our group was really impressed of how much we made, and we are really grateful that Mr Goodwin was there to help us. I was in custom stationery with my friends, we got the option to chose what math book we want. What I choose was a cool graffiti math book cover, that my friend Venetia made. It was super cool and fitted right onto my maths book.

The market day was like I was in the night market but in day time, I thought the market was going to be lame but it was actually really awesome. The most amazing part about the market day was that we got heaps of orders, my friends and I were really HAPPY!!

Task of description:
I have learnt how to make sense, and use proper English. I also had help with my friends, I learnt how to use language to make my recount more interesting. I made my story my interesting my using more new words. Please leave a comment or feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.