Monday 28 August 2017

Speech - Thoughts.

WALT: We are reviewing how to produce a quality blog post and comments.

Last Friday team 5 had three students from each class present a speech that they've been working on for the past four weeks. We called it "the finals" for saying speeches, It was an amazing experience while
watching other students around my age present their speech so confidently.

Most appealing to you? and Why?
From my perspective, Amelia Feleti's speech was the most appealing to me. Amelia's speech was about how her grandma passed away and she realized that her job wasn't the reason why she was happy, It was because her grandma was able to see Amelia and her siblings everyday. She used descriptive words which made it more interesting for me to listen, I personally think it was emotional for her to read but she had enough confidence to push through and continue on with her amazing speech. I definitely think she has a chance of winning the speech contest.

Which speech was the most entertaining? Most thought Provoking?
Mubashshir Shafil was the most entertaining from my point of view, He had funny points/reasons and also added a little of actions to spice it up. Mubashshir speech was about: If I were a president for a day, He'd do many things while becoming one as he is a president for just ONE day. Muba had plans, He would show his kindness around and make sure others get the same amount, People are treated the
same and not valued differently just because of the way they look. I reckon Mubashshir had a lot of reasons and it did give me thoughts of what I could of done.

If you were to give another speech in literacy what are 3 things you would work on improving?
If I were to give another speech I would work on my topic, reasons/points and projecting my voice louder. I thought my topic was good but not interesting enough for others to listen to, I needed to work on explaining my points more and add a little bit more  of descriptive words. I think I'll  need a bit more practice as I still find it hard to speak in a normal class of 20-30 kids.

Throughout this time it was a great experience to have, I found it interesting and entertaining as not one person didn't give up on saying their speech. From my thoughts I definitely think this would give them a perspective of what they would do with this talent in the future. Overall I thought it was amazing, Everyone was great!

5 comments:

  1. Talofa Rose,
    I really like the detail that you put in your writing, it really put an image in my head as if I was sitting in your spot watching on the day. I found your writing really entertaining and I hope you continue to post more just like this. ME TOO! I think Amelia's speech was the most appealing, what a great grandma she had! What speech do you think you relate to the most?

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rose,
    I really loved the way that you put so much detail and expression into your writing. I really found your writing interesting and it felt like I was there again. Even though I was a candidate.
    What speech do you think you can relate to the most out of all of the speeches that were presented?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talofa Rosalina,
    I really like how you wrote your reasons of why they were Appealing and entertaining. I found that your writing was was entertaining to me. From listening to all the speeches, did you think that you could stand up and say your speech?

    Samoa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Rosa for your feedback I am pretty sure everybody enjoyed. I hope there is many more chances like this yet to come.

    Mubashshir.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Rosa for your feedback I am pretty sure everybody enjoyed. I hope there is many more chances like this yet to come.

    Mubashshir.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.