Friday 4 August 2017

Let's start old school again!

WALT - I will identify the different places speeches/talks are given and how they are designed for delivery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Over the years of attending Pt England school the technology we use digitally has grown bigger and better since 2010. Pencils and Paper to Ipads, Phones, Computers and etc. Don’t you think we need to start doing old school again? I mean have you seen our hand writing lately, It's hideous!


My point is. Year 8 students have two terms to come before heading off to college and with the writing we all have, The college teachers are going to be gobsmacked with our work. In college, Handwriting will become a common thing and you’ll definitely need it for the subjects you choose. So better start practicing now cause time does go by fast.


Also, I personally think in the future things may change especially our electronics we use everyday. Sooner or later our handwriting will no longer be as common as it is now but why not keep the old trend going? Start it all up again, It just takes a small group of children to start writing by hand.


You never know one day the power all around the world may go out in a flash. The electronics we use wouldn’t be any help, now would it? Except for a piece of paper and pencil, Now when you’re in this situation you have to know how to write/draw! Especially for it to at least look decent for others to understand from what you're trying to say.


Now you see what the consequences are if you don’t have decent handwriting? Don’t be ashamed of what it looks like, Just know that you’re not the only one. As you can see Handwriting is very important, Trust me. You’ll desperately need it during college.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Over the past few weeks, Room 3 literacy have been focusing on writing our very own speech about thing's we think we should start doing. For me, I did "Let's start old school again." The reason why I did it is because I noticed that most of our pupils in Team 5 have well from what I would say Ugly hand writing, I mean even I do! So I list my reason of why we should. Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Rosalina, what a thought provoking piece of writing! I think I agree with some parts of this, maybe it would be nice to have a mix of writing and chrome book work? How do you think we could make this work? Proud of you and the high quality level of work you are producing.
    Mrs Judd

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.