Monday 9 March 2015

Newspaper challenge.

WALT: To write a detailed Introduction with hook and orientation

Have you ever made a tower out of Newspaper?  We had to make the tallest tower in class today, everybody thought it was going to be easy. They were wrong.


We started off sitting down on the mat like a normal literacy class, until he said to put our chromebooks away thats when we knew that Mr Goodwin was up to something. When we sat back down he said to separate into groups of five, My group was Lani, Olivia, Venetia  and Presayus, Including me. The materials that we needed was five and half pieces of newspaper, a long piece of masking tape and scissors.

We only had 8 minutes, everybody was panicking, except for us we just had to be calm and make the tallest tower. My group had plan to make a triangle
and try to it stand but then Mr Goodwin gave us some advice and said to make a base. At first we didn’t know where to put the base but then Venetia had a good idea and said “ TO PUT THE BASE ON THE GROUND.” We did it just in time to make it stand, we were so lucky.

When we finish our last base the timer went, We all looked around and most of the groups towers were scrunched and kept on falling down. When we looked across of us, we saw a group whose tower were perfect it didn’t fall at all. My group were panicking because they don’t know if we won or not, Mr Goodwin even tried to measure it with his leg but then it was sure. Until he finally had a plan to get a 1 meter ruler, then we were really worried it shouted it out and said “ TEAM… TALITA WON” our group was disappointed but they got over adventley.  

I loved the challenge I wish we could do this every once a week. I thought we had the best, I had all my friend we went worried about everything we were just chill. That’s one reason I love my friends.

Mr Goodwin gave us a task to write a recount about what we did, I describe my day cool, amazing and fun.

Marked by: Adriel

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rosalina,
    It looks like you have settled in to your new class, I like how you have written some paragraphs about the news paper challenge thats looks so fun.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.