Tuesday 30 August 2016

Cross Country!

WALT: Show our Audience with our words rather than directly tell.
My heart was pounding as I head Mr Jacobsen announce the year 7 girls, waiting at the back of the courts in the hot bright sun. Lining up heading towards the start line, my stomach started turning in all kinds of ways. I was excited at first but then I felt really nervous and sick.


As we were positioning ourselves on the start line, we waited for Mr Burt´s call. Waiting and waiting not knowing when he's gonna shut the clappers hard, as soon as I put my leg out BANG! The clappers went. I jogged the first part of the race and I was already feeling tired, I was huffing and puffing and out of breath but at least I was leading the girls. That's what I thought, as I heard my friend Angelica behind me. I was slowing down and we weren't even that close to the reserve yet, I tried my hardest to stay by her and I was doing a great job at it.


Angelica was the leader of the year 7 girls coming first place. At that time I was already coming fourth, two of the girls passed me. As I was getting close to finishing my first lap I sprinted before the year 8 boys went. I knew then I shouldn't of done that because I felt exhausted, my legs were aching and my heart was burning I felt like giving up but then I wanted to make my family proud and finish thing properly. So I kept on going, keeping a good pace of speed. As I was getting close to the reserve my friend Lani caught up to me, we both encouraged each other to keep going every time we slowed down.


We both tried to get past Aysha but she was just too far. As we were getting closer to the end of the reserve I started to sprint, Lani also started to sprint too. It was like I was just racing her, as I was passing her I decided to slow down that wasn't really a great idea, Lani zoomed passed me crossing the line first. I was shocked but also proud of my friend Lani as she finished the race and didn't give up on beating me.

As I crossed the line I hugged Lani, congratulating her. We both felt tired and exhausted but we were both proud of ourselves for finishing things off properly, I thought I could of done better in cross country but fifth place is just as good. Cross Country was a good day and all my friends and I couldn't stop blabbing about it, It was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.