Friday 15 September 2017

Cross Country!!

WALT: Write a recount about the following event you had.


It was that time of year again. Where everyone goes psycho about their colors, wigs and costumes. 2 months of hard work and continuous running. Where we all achieve our own personal best. Yup, I’m talking about Cross Country!


As I was getting ready for my upcoming event I heard the call out for Year 8 girls. My heart started beating faster than usual, I lost my words and couldn’t move a limb. I was so nervous that I felt like I was going to collapse, Lining up with other Year 8 girls made me even more nervous. We started making our way to the starting line and even more thoughts came to my head, Honestly I felt like putting on a scene and saying I was sick but obviously it wouldn’t fool anyone around me.


Alongside me were my friends smiling nervously, wondering if we were to sprint or jog the first part. As we positioned ourselves behind the line, Mr Burt was getting his clappers ready. “Ready, Set and GO!” We all were off, I decided to jog as we had to do 2 laps around the whole reserve. It was weird, I haven’t even made it out the school gate and I was struggling to breathe but that’s normal, right? As I kept pushing myself to move faster, I caught up to my friend Venetia. I could tell she was tired too but we both encouraged each other to keep running.


1 lap down and 1 more to go. Ughhh, I couldn’t wait till I get to the finish line. Frustration showing throughout my face to my toes, I could feel every heartbeat in my body. I noticed that I kept slowing down, I thought to myself that I could do it. As I’m only a couple of meters away, I just wanted to stop and lay down but I knew I could do that when I get to the finish line. Running faster and faster as I notice everyone behind me is starting to catch up, Hoping that they’ll somehow fall. I kept pushing myself to run faster, It felt like I was apart of the wind. I saw the big finish line and with a sigh of relief I felt the need to slow down, It was a great feeling. The feeling that I was a champion!


Even though I didn’t make it on the Top 5, I was still proud of my improvement. I never gave up and pushed my limits, I gave it my all. I congratulated the fellow students who either came 1st, 2nd or 3rd. As I was proud of them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.