Wednesday 21 June 2017

2017 Year 8 Camp.

2017 Year 8 Camp!
On the 24th - 26th of May we have our annual Year 8 Camp! We had the opportunity to camp at the Kauaeranga Valley Christian Camp grounds. Throughout the year 8 students, We were all set up into different teams. Thames, Coromandel, Kauri and Kauaeranga. Lucky me I was in Kauri! In Kauri there was 6 in each team, Kauri A & B. Each team had almost the same amount in their own team.

Out of all of the activities I got to say I enjoyed Go Karts and Paintball. Paintball was the first activity we had for our second day of camp, It was fun. We all had energy and were pumped to run around and shoot each other. It felt like betrayal shooting my own teammates but I had fun, Heaps of fun. Until out of nowhere, I got shot in the neck by Christopher! I did have a little sook but I just wanted my revenge. Sadly I didn’t get it but I will one day, hopefully. Other than that, I had the best time with my teammates alongside of me.

Go Karts, Our second to last activity to accomplish on our task. We all had the chance to go around the track once, To get the hang of things and how it feels to ride one. Once our whole team had one turn we then had the choice to either have a timer or have two more times going around doing whatever we want. I chose a timer, Just so I could beat the previous time record. All I had to beat was 39 seconds, It was pretty easy as it was so fast. I was so excited when I making going at a good time, Zooming past cone by cone. Going around the bend then boom! 38 seconds on the clock, Even I was surprised cause I thought I was as slow as a snail.

After a couple of days as we got back home, I started to miss Kauaeranga. The beautiful view and the activities, It was a once and life time thing. It was fun, Getting to know people I don't usually hang out with at school. We worked as a team and we humbled ourselves even more, I reckon we even got a little closer than before camp.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.